Purpose of MAC:
Networking, Information sharing, venue to deliver asthma programs statewide, community building, “friend-raising”
People with asthma in Minnesota believe life without limits is possible.
To actively work to enhance the quality of life for kids and adults with asthma in Minnesota.
The American Lung Association in Minnesota and Partners for Asthma Action (formerly Controlling Asthma Project) is pleased to share two peer-reviewed journal articles based on the eight-year Controlling Asthma in American Cities Project. These articles were release in the CDC-led February 2011 edition of the Jounral of Urban Health.
Click here for a final pdf for both of these articles.
- Population-based Assessment of Asthma Symptom Burden in children: by Angie Carlson and Jill Heins Nesvold
- Building a Partnership with Health Plans: The Minneapolis and St. Paul Controlling Asthma in American Cities Project Experience: By Jill Heins Nesvold, Angie Carlson, and Janny Brust
NEW! 2008-2009 Minnesota Asthma Coalition Action Plan
NEW! Spring has sprung, along with the pollen...
NEW! World Asthma Day Historical Press Releases
In 2010, the American Lung Association in Minnesota and the Minnesota Asthma Coalition are providing peak flow meters as incentives to health care professionals who are implementing asthma education classes. Specifically, five peak flow meters will be provided at no charge for each of the following classes:
* To licensed school nurses in Minnesota who conduct an Asthma 101: What you need to know for parents of students with asthma
* To public health departments who conduct an Asthma 101: What you need to know for parents of children with asthma
* To primary care clinics who conduct an Asthma 101: What you need to know for parents, adults, or staff
* Finally, five peak flow meters will be provided to public health nurses who are using the Controlling Asthma: What you need to know clinical education flipchart for as their education curriculum.
* With documentation of the scheduled class, the peak flow meters will be sent. Individuals/organizations requesting the peak flow meters are responsible for a $10 shipping and handling fee. Peak flow meters can also be picked up the American Lung Association in Minnesota offices (St. Paul, Duluth, and Mankato).
* Please forward any questions and/or send documentation of the class and $10 shipping and handling (credit cards are accepted) to Minnesota Asthma Coalition, 490 Concordia Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota 55103, fax 651-227-5459 or email@example.com.